MHI Vestas Offshore Wind optimizes project management with Project Online
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind pursues their mission to develop offshore wind as a sustainable energy resource through project efficiency.
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind was founded in April 2014, but the company stands on the shoulders of giants. The parent companies Vestas Wind Systems A/S and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd are two of the global leaders in wind power and offshore ventures.
The company’s mission is to co-develop offshore wind as an economically viable and sustainable energy resource to benefit future generations. They will do this by driving down the Cost of Energy and through sustainable wind turbine technology, project management, offshore experience and powerful partnerships.
Using technology to drive efficient project management
The PMOs (Project Management Organizations) at MHI Vestas Offshore Wind are supporting functions aiming at helping the projects to run smoothly from start to end by providing help, guidance and sparing, defining governance structures and rules and by providing easy to use tools and templates.
So how is a PMO supporting a complex organization with all specific needs to project management? In IT and Technology, they choose to try out the newest technology available; Microsoft Project Online in Office 365. Project Online is an efficient, flexible and user-friendly tool that gives project managers, team members and the portfolio management the right means to support the daily tasks.
“With Project Online we were able to establish a first iteration and get a feel with the solution and its possibilities within weeks”, Senior Project Manager Stig Jæger Kronvold states.
Tailored PPM solutions
In close collaboration with the two PMO's of MHI Vestas Offshore Wind, ProActive has delivered a line of solutions to support the specific needs of the different departments of the complex organization.
“ProActive has been very professional providing not only system insight but also providing advise on how to optimize our processes as well as being very efficient and service minded”, says Stig Jæger Kronvold states.
Demands approval process
- Quick overview of all demands
- Graphical visualization of estimated effort
- Approve or reject with “1 click”
- Access the demand details for detail information
- Full portfolio overview (Demands / Tasks / Projects)
- Quick analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Graphical visualization (Gantt chart / Timeline view)
- Project data security based on user’s permissions
- Project Methodology (MVOW IT)
- Project Governance (Stages, Gates and phases)
- Effective workspace for project managers
- Easy and intuitive
- Project information in one page
- Easy to communicate
- Integrated with Office PowerPoint
- Improving project managers performance
- Empowering your project team with mobile access
- Easily report progress on your project
- Keep track of your tasks and activities
“The engagement of the MHI Vestas Offshore Wind IT Team was one of the key factors for the success of this project. Thank you all”, Stig Jæger Kronvold states